I found this recipe on the Atkins site as being appropriate for the induction phase (first phase / very low carb). I’ve made some slight modifications that I think help it a lot, though it’s a delicious recipe on its own. You can either follow the original recipe, or modify it as I have below.
I’ve made this about four times now, and measured the ingredients (except the sour cream, since that’s my addition to the recipe) each time. That probably won’t happen for much longer though, you can’t really screw this up.
- 1 or 1.5 head large (6-7″ dia) Cauliflower
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 tsps Mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese (actually I usually use 2 or more cups)
- 1 clove Garlic (or more, if you’re a garlic hound like Buu & I are)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper
- Hot Sauce to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and coat baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling and add 1/2 tsp salt.
- Remove stem and leaves from cauliflower. Cut into small bite sized pieces and place in the boiling water; cook until crisp-tender; about 5 minutes.
- Drain well then pat between paper towels to remove all moisture.
- In a medium sauce pan bring the cream to a simmer, whisk in the cream cheese and powdered mustard until smooth.
- Add the shredded Sour Cream, then Cheddar, minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, white pepper and hot sauce to taste, whisking until the cheese melts; about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cauliflower.
- Bake for 15 minutes until browned and bubbly.
I keep forgetting you’re supposed to hold some of the cheese back and sprinkle it on top. I don’t think it’s necessary though. This stuff is DELICIOUS, and it makes the house smell wonderful for the rest of the night.