Keep in mind that the portions I’m using in this recipe are for making a very large pot of soup, so I won’t have to cook again for several days. You’ll definitely want to cut down the amounts you use here by half or quarters if you want to make only one night’s meal.
- 4 cans crab meat, juice retained
- 4 cans clams, drained and rinsed
- 3 cans shrimp, drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 4 large scallops (thawed from frozen), cubed, rinsed
- 2 cartons chicken stock
- 1 pint heavy cream (two are pictured but we only needed one)
- sour cream
- Parmesan cheese
- diced garlic
- veggies, chopped fine
I’ve used corn and diced potatoes in the past, but wanted to keep this lower carb. Buu bought two packages of largely cut stir-fry mix, which included broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red and green bell peppers, green and yellow squash, snow peas, and onions. I chopped everything more finely for inclusion in this soup.
- Saute veggies in butter and olive oil until all are warmed through and starting to cook.
- Add raw scallops and continue cooking all until scallops are cooked through.
- Add crab meat & juices, clams, and shrimp, mix thoroughly.
- Stir in garlic.
- Pour in chicken stock and turn up heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle in some flour and mix well. (I used rice flour.) Flour ensures the milk won’t separate.
- Pour in heavy cream and add several large dollops of sour cream. Mix well.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-30 minutes, stirring often, until flavors well blended.
- Add salt if needed.