- 1 Yellow or Spanish Onion (chopped)
- 2-3 TBSP Garlic (minced)
- 1-2 large packages of fresh Portobello Mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 bag Frozen Spinach (chopped, thawed)
- 1-2 Bell Peppers (any color, chopped)
- 2 jars Pimento (chopped)
- 3-5 large cans of Chicken Meat (drained & rinsed) – OR – Chicken Thigh Meat, browned in butter & olive oil & removed from bone
- 1 or 2 cartons of Chicken Stock
- Salt (to taste)
- Flour (any kind, I use Rice Flour)
- 1-2 pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16-32oz Sour Cream
- Simmer onions in desired fat (butter, olive oil, coconut oil, or a combination of these are all fine).
- Once onions start to become clear, add mushrooms, garlic, salt. Allow mushrooms to start cooking.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, spinach, bell peppers, pimento. Mix well, allow to come back to a boil.
- Turn heat to medium & continue to cook for at least 10 minutes, stirring often. This allows the flavors to come together.
- Sprinkle a bit of flower on top of the mixture, and stir well. This prevents the cream from separating.
- Add cream and sour cream. Mix well.
- Simmer briefly, add more salt if needed.
- Serve over rice.
It’s easy for rice to become a flavor sink for anything you put on top of it. To prevent this, add olive oil, salt, and red wine vinegar to the water that you cook the rice in. This gives the rice a little more body and helps prevent it from draining the flavor out of your main dish.